- 3 p.m.
- 1st and 3rd Monday of every month
- 1st Monday Meeting Location:
Commissioners' Office Conference Room
14 Main Street
Newport, NH 03773
- 3rd Monday Meeting Location:
It is the intent of the Commissioners to hold the 3rd meeting of the month in either Unity or Claremont at the following addresses:
- 5 Nursing Home Drive
Unity, NH 03743
- 103 County Farm Road
Unity, NH 03743
- 19 Sullivan Street
Claremont, NH 03743
- Please call or email ahead to check the location of these meetings at 603-863-2560 or email the Commissioner's Office
- Check the calendar for Zoom access options and any meeting date changes
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
The Commissioners Role
The Executive Branch consists of three Commissioners with two commissioners elected every two years and the third commissioner every four years. The Board of Commissioners duties are mandated by NH Statue RSA 28. The Commissioners are part-time elected officials responsible for overall supervision of County Departments, buildings and land, and exercise budgetary oversight over all County expenditures. The Commissioners meet the first and third Monday, of each month, with department heads to discuss old and new business. The Commissioners submit, on a fiscal year (July 1st to June 30th), a budget to the County Delegation for approval.
The Commissioners Office is located on Main Street in Newport, the County seat. This office is the primary office for the Board of Commissioners, and currently employs three employees: an Accounts Payable Clerk, an Administrative Assistant, and a Secretary/Receptionist. The employees perform a number of duties, which include: coordinating meetings among officials and public, preparing budgetary reports for Department Heads and Auditors, accounts payable and receivable, monitoring grants as the fiscal agent and maintaining records for all County Offices.
- July 2017 Goal Setting Report (PDF)
- April 2017 Goal Setting Report (PDF)
- December 2014 Goal Setting Report (PDF)
- February 2014 Goal Setting Report (PDF)
Meetings are open to the public, excluding Executive Sessions (non public).